The Miscellany Manifesto

Random Musings of a Transient Soul





Gmale Comes To Town

Remember watching Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak? Remember the hero and heroine's friends, those disposable cupids who helped them elope and be naughty? Yeah, I almost turned into one this weekend and I didn't even know it. Here's the sordid tale of the Gmale, the to-be Gfemale and their untrustworthy sidekick.
Sparse readers, you might have encountered a certain creature called Aunty G in my previous posts. I shudder already. Yes, its the same Aunty G of the "Ladki balik hai, shaadi kab karegi" and "Upar bhoot hain? Accha? Main jaaon?" fame. G force is back with a bang; and if you look past her big bang you will notice her son, the Gmale, running behind her tied duly to her apron strings.
Gmale and I have had a lukewarm Hello-Kaise Ho-Goodbye friendship over the last 2 years. Mighty clever fellow and one of those Yes Mummy types. Not that it's a bad thing, but I feel like shaking his 6'4 frame silly, squeezing all the Navratna Tel out of his hair and telling him "Get a life boy, you're 23 for God's sake!" However, since we are only lukewarm with each other and he's almost always away at his hostel, I can't.
Gmale is doing some sort of engineering course on the other side of town and rather than commute for 4 hours everyday, he lives on campus. Now we all have Gmale figured as the posterboy of the SeedhaSadha variety. But ha! Things are never the way they seem, right? Right! Twist in the tale, sting in the tail- by Curious George, I love it!
See, Gmale went out and got himself a life- along with a girlfriend (Gfemale), a bike his parents don't know about and a warning for expulsion from his college. Oooh, sordid sordid. I only found out when he called me, of all people, and told me about it. Since he calls me didi (because he's 2 years older and calling me didi makes a lot of sense that way) I listened him out patiently and made all the appropriate um-hum, yes yes, ofcourse and no absolutely not sounds when required. All the while wondering alternately, are you serious? and, so why do I need to know this? Things became terribly clear very soon.
Gmale and the Gfemale want to get married. They're sure the parents won't have any of it, lingual barriers and all. I feel really bad for them, as bad as I could feel when I'm jumped with someone's dirty laundry and asked to become a last minute dhobi. You see, Gmale wants me to be a witness at the Registrar's.
Now this isn't me washing their dirty laundry at the wrong ghat, I shouldn't be talking about his personal stuff here, but what to do? This is as crazy as things have gotten in Bangalore over the last 2 years. Imagine, 2 years and no madness and now, 2 days before I go, huge dose of madness. Such is life. And I am clueless.
I'd love to say I consented to becoming their witness and I'd love to say that I approve and it's soooo cuuutteee or something equally airy. I refused. I couldn't do it. Chicken. Quite apart from the fact that Aunty G will hunt me down and strangle me with her loose apron strings, I cannot become a co-conspirator in this escapade. This sidekick abandonned the sidecar even before the motorbike kickstarted.
Gmale was audibly upset but gracious. Thank the Lord. I don't have a clue what they'll do next. Hope it's nothing as stupid as asking me to become their witness. I wish them all the best, whatever they do decide to do.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

At 11:56 PM, Blogger Nikita Merchant & Sriharsh Mallela said...

umm dunno whether u recieved my last comment .. well wht drama girl .. though u seem to have done the right thing .. i hope it works out for them and in a better way perhaps.. sigh .. the complications of love    



At 6:48 PM, Blogger Miss Politics said...

Oh! I would have been a witness for them ... Why shouldn't they get married in a way that pleases them ... I understand your position but if it was me I would have done it.    



At 12:00 PM, Blogger Raghav said...

awesome post ! love the way you waeve humor in your writing.. too good, had me smiling from the beginning to the end :-)    



» Post a Comment