The Miscellany Manifesto

Random Musings of a Transient Soul





One Day Poems

Just smooched a brilliant idea from the NYT. Read about an anthology called 'The One Day'. I tried Googling for it, in vain. It's by a brilliant poet called Donald Hall who has just been named the 14th Poet Laureate of America.
It gave me a great idea that I'm very keen to work on. I was keen on understanding the source but since I can't really find it, I'm just going to smooch the idea of The One Day poems. I haven't been writing since the demise of Dioscouri, my other blog. [There's still some stuff there that needs to be sorted- note to self.]
I'll be in Mumbai in less than a week's time. For now, I have a schedule cluttered with talk, shopping, eating chaat and other roadside goodstuff, sleeping over, going out with ReenuBaby, going to Vaslai to Bappa and Pacchi's house and attempting a 6mile cycle trip through village fields to the beach. Don't know which day I'll pick out of these, or perhaps set a day aside. But I plan to go out, be quiet, walk a lot (maybe South-side) and write about it. Who knows how it'll turn out. I can't wait though. Imagine, a whole day dedicated to walking, Mumbai and writing- 3 favourites!
Pattern of writing: undecided. Will probably keep it free verse, maybe para-prose. Let's see. If its any good and I end up not tearing any of it, I'll put it up.
I'm excited! :)
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment