The Miscellany Manifesto

Random Musings of a Transient Soul





Wiping it clean!

I'm almost back to normalcy after two days of good, clean, non-alcoholic partying with the family. I still haven't quite digested the news though. That isn't too much of a surprise considering what an emotional-tubelight-with-faulty-wiring I have always been. I think it'll start feeling a lot more real as the days pass, as my University exams are flung out of the way and we begin some more bouts of compulsive spending. (I'm telling you, we're in such denial right now. The Gokarns say they aren't shopaholics, but we really need a family membership to Shopaholics Anonymous.)
Its strange. When I was in school and hating every day of it, I used to wish fervently for two things. One- a voice recorder so that I could record my friend Mulay hatching her evil plans, which were thrilling (for us) and lame (in general), and which she would conveniently blame me for when we were busted. When we were younger, she was the personification of the 'Junior Anti-Christ' for me; now she's just a Chartered Accountant. And two- the ability to wipe the slate and begin all over. I really really wanted that in school- just to be able to make a clean break and begin anew. I was given that opportunity later in life, and as I look back, I've been given very similar opportunities to begin afresh every few years. I'm very thankful for those.
I used to think I hated change. Now I realize I can't do without it.
There are so many uncertainties. I'm full of questions. Friends and family are brimming with advice. Parents are already displaying signs of anxiety. A list of things to do was started this morning and now, at 15.02pm, its already 28 items long. The next two months are not going to be easy. What about the two years beyond that?
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment