The Miscellany Manifesto

Random Musings of a Transient Soul





Heroes go home

Today is an invincible day. I feel on top of the world for no good reason. I have that fist-pumping-high-fiving-heel-clicking mood going today and I have done nothing to deserve it, really. Everything seems smothered in goodness today. Quite strange since I don't know where all this feel-good is coming from. Hormones are so funky somedays.
Still can't get Thursday's insane violence out of my head. 9 dead? Just makes me more sure that everything is so chockfull of contradictions. I have a lifetime subscription to the theory that life is just one giant ball of juxtapositions. Gentleman's funeral and crowd goes beserk. Time of mourning and people dance on the streets after burning buses. Grief and giving grief.
More ironies. Yesterday was the day heroes went home. Javed, Meerut's new hero, succumbed in hospital to burns. Meerut wept in collective fury, misery, bitterness. Salman, hero of millions, came back home with promises of fixing toilets and providing TVs to inmates. In what was perhaps a more embarassing event than being jailed, the man took of his shirt before the Bandstand crowd in a public display of what? heriosm? stupidity? adulation? appreciation for his fans? and showed them what he's really made of. Then ofcourse there was Dr. Rajkumar's funeral gone so regrettably sour. Really makes me wonder- what of heroes?
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment