The Miscellany Manifesto

Random Musings of a Transient Soul





Hung Up

There are bad days and then there are bad days. Today is the latter. If there was ever a day where you wondered whether having alcohol and an alcohol tolerance ever came in handy, today is it. I don't know what has bought this on- I don't feel capable of asking questions as mighty as those today, let alone finding answers for them. Exams are coming at me like a freight train and I've practically lain myself on the tracks. Something of an "Aa bail, mujhe maar" as my mum says.
Other crimes for today, and it isn't even 4- I cut out an old BFF from my life. We hadn't been inhabiting the same plane for a very long time now and although he refuses to see it- what with numerous attempts to resuscitate this dead donkey of a friendship- I had to let it go. I hate baggage and I'd been coolie-ing this one around for so long, I've practically got lumbar fusion going on. I know I must sound heartless, I feel heartless. But I can't be the friend he can forget when his girlfriend is around and his bloody Big Sis when she isn't. My shoulder hurts and it just isn't available on demand anymore. I can't care that much anymore. Dead donkey shot in the head.
I've named my laptop Warhol. After the artist. But after conversing with Hammy, Warhol was inadverdently turned into a woman. I believe the poor thing might have identity crisis. Still, she's one kickass laptop. And I'm glad Hammy unwittingly turned her into a lady.
I listened to Nick Lachey and Sean Paul today. In succession. Oh Lord.
The weather is both compounding and dissipating the funkiness of today. The sky is a perfect shade of grey- exactly the colour that reminds you of the first day at school and the attached nervousness, the big ball of excitement and apprehension rolling in the pit of your stomach. I've got goosebumps. Bangalore's fantastic this time of year. Thunderstorms galore. This place pretends to be so high tech, but this time of year it's practically primitive. And perfect.
One long marathon session of revision coming right up. Along with my 5th cup of tea for the day. I think my grey cells need a mini dance session behind my locked bedroom door- and on comes Madonna with Hung Up. God Bless Disco.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

At 7:10 PM, Blogger Miss Politics said...

Oh I totally understand. Sometimes we just have to move on from old bf's. It doesn't make you nasty. You just have to be honest in a nice way and move right along.

My laptop is named Zentropa! Funny that we name laptops... he he    



At 2:30 PM, Blogger NikhilS said...

Basically, I started the naming process for computers and the ilk. My desktop is named Abraham. Harsh uses that as an inspiration.    



At 6:22 PM, Blogger Nikita Merchant & Sriharsh Mallela said...

i agree with nikhil .. got the naming bug from him .. the bugger has steve too .. which btw is a rock ..
I think Warhol is a kickass name for a girl lappie.. bacardi is still salivating thinking about her ..
good you got rid off old luguage .. you can start over fresh at MICA    



At 12:17 AM, Blogger Seeking Clarity said...

Don't start a name war Nikhil- I'll get you on your precious Steve...    



At 3:55 PM, Blogger Naina said...

Hee hee...love the bit where the lappie turned into a lady...

Warning: May plagiarise.

*grin*    



At 10:10 AM, Blogger NikhilS said...

Ooh, is this plagiarism warning like pre-emptive strikes? Like we may kill several of you women and children. and then do it. If yes, then you have already plagiarised.
Oh btw Hi.    



At 5:39 PM, Blogger Seeking Clarity said...

I don't need to try man...Steve the stone is twisted enough. :P    



At 6:12 PM, Blogger NikhilS said...

Its just stating the obvious.    



» Post a Comment